Here are a few screen shots from an animation we have been working really hard on for our documentary. It's exciting to see it all coming together. It's been lots of hard hours of editing. I must love it though because I've been up till the wee hours of the morning for more nights than I can count in the last month or so. I'm bouncing down a rough cut with some of the music in place. I hope to take an hour tomorrow and try to watch it though and see how it feels. I'm really excited about the music so far. I'm relying heavily on Kirk Bozeman's work. He's a great song writer/composer who lives in Dallas. I'm also using some musical work from my brother Levi Kitchen, and a good friend Daniel Eaton.


I still have a huge pile of color grading to do. I had considered hiring it out but budget-wise it just didn't make sense to hire something out that I can do myself for free. For any of you techies, I will probably grade in Apple color. Or... if I'm lazy I'll just grade in final cut. In actuality, that is probably what I will do. There's not going to be much that requires tracking masks or anything. After I look at this cut I am bouncing down, I'm guessing I will have a lot of audio mixing to do as well. It's always a huge project to get every scene mixed where we're not jumping from atomic explosion to angel breath whispers. 

Ok, I guess that's good for tonight. Any questions? Technical or not, I'd love to answer. Oh, and hopefully we will be able to set up a premiere somewhere around here. I went in the Longview Library the other day and noticed that they have a nice room with a projector and screen. Might be a good screening room. I don't know, we will see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment